You’ve baked a zillion loaves of bread, you’ve streamed every show on Hulu, and you’ve done all the home yoga videos YouTube has to offer—but now, finally, the world is opening back up.
Which means you can go outside and talk to people.
But after weeks and months of self-quarantine, your fashion sense may be a little out of practice. You might stare at your wardrobe and wonder, “Can I wear PJ pants to work?” or “Do I really need to wear underwear every single day?” or even “How do I dress like a normal human?”
Skip the existential style crisis and check out these fashion tips for a post-pandemic world.
As you head back to work, you’re probably thinking longingly of your go-to quarantine outfit—soft leggings and an oversized tee-shirt (bra and underwear optional). For months, you’ve dressed for comfort (and sanity), not professionalism.
But in a post-pandemic world, workplace style has transformed into an athleisure/business casual hybrid. Think flowy shapes, breathable fabrics, and effortless style.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Drape collar blazers
- Metallic or faux-leather leggings
- Patterned tunics
- Stylish mules or loafers
Put the “Aaaaah” Back in Bra
It’s time to dust off your bra drawer! But after months of living your best free boob life, you may find that the pre-pandemic bras are just too uncomfortable. Invest in soft, supporting intimate wear that will barely feel like you’re wearing anything at all.
But did you know that not wearing a bra for a long period of time can actually strengthen (and slightly reshape) the muscles of your chest and breasts? That, plus a bit of ice cream therapy, may have changed your cup size. Before you start adding bras to your online shopping cart, use a measuring tape to double-check your bra size. That way, you can buy wisely, whether you need your typical aa bra size or larger! Check out lulalu.com A, AA, and AAA bra sizes.
Thanks to face masks, there’s at least one fashion lesson the world has learned —the power of expressive eyes. Months of wearing face masks have forced us to read expressions from the cheeks up. Although the world is slowly getting back on its feet, face masks will probably be the last safety measure to go.
You know what that means—all eyes are on you… and the top half of your face.
Here are a few makeup tips for playing up your face:
- Shiny or glittery eyeshadow – Your eyes are the CenterPoint of your post-pandemic makeup look. And a little eyeshadow can go a long way. But don’t spend hours trying to nail the elaborate eye makeup styles of Beauty YouTubers. Instead, find a shadow close to your natural skin tone that sparkles or shines! A glittery or metallic nude eyeshadow will polish your look while the neutral tones will keep it professional.
Look for colors like:
- Glittery Taupe
Just add a sweep of liquid liner to emphasize your smiling and shining eyes.
- Mascara – In a post-pandemic style world, mascara is a must. Use a waterproof mascara to create length and volume. Every blink of your lashes will become absolutely transfixing.
- Luminizer and blush – Pair your daily blush with a luminizer for a dramatic glow along your cheekbones. Your mask will help to play up your bone structure and highlight the way your cheeks scrunch up when you grin.
- Smear-proof lipstick – Did you ever think you could miss wearing lipstick this much? While lipstick under a mask may seem silly, vibrant lip color can make you feel confident and powerful as you go back to the world—even if you’re the only one who knows it’s there. Be sure to use a dry-on lipstick to prevent in-mask smears.
Depending on your situation, you may be required to wear masks to work, and throughout your day. Instead of being bummed out by the weight of this health crisis, see this as an opportunity for style! Buy a set of masks in various colors and shades to pull together your looks no matter what outfit you’re wearing.
Sanitize and Accessorize
When it comes to post-pandemic accessories, focus on adding flare where it counts. Check out these must-have accessories for your new and improved ensembles:
- Ear cuffs and earrings – Without the expressive gestures of the mouth, people are paying more attention to faces than ever. What else is in that line of sight? Your ears! Break out your favorite earring studs and ear cuffs.
- Multiple rings – Thanks to face masks, you may find yourself gesturing with your hands more often than ever. A few simple rings on your ring fingers and thumbs can add sparkle to your gestures and sophistication to your look. Don’t forget to add a midi-ring or two for even more flair!
- Hand sanitizer case – Hand hygiene has been paramount during the pandemic—but who says it can’t be fashionable? Shop around for cute hand sanitizer cases to throw in your purse before you head out. You’ll be more excited than ever to practice healthy hand hygiene!
The New Normal of Style
COVID-19 has certainly transformed style. But with these tips, you’ll be ready to tackle a “new normal” with poise and confidence. Whether you’re taking long walks in the park, going back to a fulfilling job, or spending time with friends, you’ll feel comfy, stylish, and healthy all at once.