Diamonds are a timeless symbol of luxury and prestige. But what happens when you can’t afford a diamond?
Enter the stone that sparkles like diamonds – the sapphire! Sapphire is a very rare and beautiful mineral, and it’s often used in jewelry because of its unique properties. In this article, we will mention a lot of stones and gems that sparkle like diamonds.
Types of Diamonds
Diamonds come in a variety of colors and shapes, but the most popular are round and hexagonal. Other types of diamonds include pear shape, marquise, emerald, square, and heart-shaped.
The different types of diamonds are created by how much carbon is in the diamond. Carbon atoms make up over 50% of diamonds and this determines the color and clarity of the diamond. The more carbon there is, the higher the level of tinting (colors) will be in the diamond. When a diamond is cut, it can expose more or less of these layers depending on its shape.
The main difference between diamonds and rare crystals, gems and stones is that diamonds are very hard –9 on the Mohs scale- which means they scratch easily. This is why a jeweler will use a special tool to take out the imperfections inside a diamond before setting it into jewelry.
How to Find a Diamond?
If you are looking for a diamond, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First and foremost, you need to find a diamond that is the right size for your hand.
- Second, you need to make sure the diamond is of the best quality.
- Third, you should be sure to get the diamond insured.
- Fourth, be sure to shop around and compare prices before making your purchase.
- Finally, make sure you have a qualified jeweler who can help you choose the perfect diamond for your needs.
The Cs of Diamond Buying
If you’re looking to buy diamonds, you need to be aware of the four Cs: cut, color, clarity, and carat weight.
- The cut is the size and shape of the diamond. It affects how sparkly the diamond appears and how likely it is to spark when hit with light. The larger the cut, the more brilliance the diamond will have. The most common cuts are round, princess, heart, marquise, emerald, and asscher. Diamonds can also be graded on a scale from F (no flaws) to Z (total destruction).
- Color is what you see when the diamond is held up to a light. Blue diamonds are the most popular because they are very rare and have a high saturation level, which makes them look more valuable. Yellow diamonds are less rare but possess a higher luster and therefore look richer than blue diamonds.
- Clarity is how many blemishes or inclusions in the diamond. The less blemishes there are, the higher the clarity grade. Carat weight is how much weight a diamond contains. A 1-carat diamond weighs .93 grams; a 2-carat diamond weighs 1.78 grams; and so on up to 10 carats (.90grams).
How to Care for a Diamond?
The average person will wear a diamond for approximately five and a half years. It is important to keep your diamond in top condition by taking the necessary steps to care for it. There are many ways to clean and care for your diamond, and you should select the method that is best for your specific diamond. Here are some tips on how to care for your diamond:
- Wash your diamond with mild soap and water. Be sure to rinse it off well.
- Never use harsh chemicals or abrasives on your diamond – these can damage the stone.
- Store your diamond in a dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
Stones That Sparkle Like Diamonds
There are many different kinds of stones that can sparkle like diamonds. Some of the most popular stones to imitate diamonds are turquoise, tanzanite, and peridot.
- Turquoise is a mineral that is found in a lot of places across the world. It is a blue-green color and has a high luster.
- Tanzanite is a gemstone that is also found in many places around the world. It is a semi-precious stone that is light in weight and has a dark green color.
- Peridot is a gemstone that is found in Brazil and Mexico. It has a greenish-blue color and is very rare.
Each stone has its own unique qualities that make it a great option for those looking to add a diamond-like sparkle to their jewelry. Here are some tips on how to choose stones that will give your pieces that extra shine:
- First, think about what type of jewelry you want to create. Are you looking for rings, earrings, or a necklace? Different stones will work better in different types of jewelry.
- Next, consider the color of the stone. Many people prefer stones that are similar in color to diamonds, but there is no one right answer for this decision. Some stones, like tanzanite, can be slightly off-white in color which gives them a more diamond-like sparkle.
- Finally, look at the clarity of the stone. The higher the clarity rating, the more diamond-like the stone will appear. Some lower clarity stones may still have a slight sparkle to them but are not as pronounced as high clarity stones.
Whatever stones you choose, be sure to enjoy the added sparkle to your jewelry!
When it comes to jewelry, many people prefer to go with diamonds because they think that they look the best. However, there are other stones that can also be very beautiful and sparkle like diamonds.
In this article, we have listed some of these stones and given tips on how to choose and style them. Whether you are looking for a new piercing or just want something different to wear, consider adding one of these stones to your collection.