It’s that time of the year when your loved ones are going to be graduating and you’re naturally psyched on their behalf. With the pandemic that started in 2020 still causing disruptions in normal life with restrictions and such, you may not be able to attend the graduation in person given that many graduation ceremonies are going to be taking place with strict adherence to social distancing and a restricted guest list.
If this is the case, you needn’t feel too low about the situation because you can still brighten your friend/family member’s day by sending them a lovely graduation card with a fresh bouquet from Bouqs.com. In this article, we’ll go over some of the best things you can say in a graduation card no matter what the situation may be, let’s dive in.
1. Heartily Congratulate Them
If you want to keep your graduation card pretty simple and don’t want to go into specifics, sending them a warm card that congratulates them along with some flowers or chocolates should do the trick. In such a card, you don’t have to elaborate or write them a wordy essay, just telling them how proud you are of them is perfect.
There are different ways in which you can say this. For example, you can keep the card minimal and write them just one sentence, or you can make it a little more personal and tell them you wish them well in the coming years along with other such notes of appreciation and encouragement. Just remember that the point of the card is to tell them you’re proud of them, and you’ll be able to come up with the right things to say as you know them best.
Here are some examples of what you could say in such a card:
- Congratulations! I couldn’t be more proud of you.
- You finally did it! Congratulations and all the best for everything else life has in store for you.
- Happy Graduation Day! You’ve made it and I couldn’t be happier for you!
- Congratulations! This is your day and you deserve every bit of appreciation coming your way. Way to go!
This list is just to give you an idea of what goes into a card like this. You can change the wordings based on how formal or informal you want the card to sound.
2. When You Can’t Make It
Whether it’s because of the pandemic or if you have other personal commitments that are preventing you from attending the graduation in person, you can make up for it by apologizing and also wishing them well in a personalized graduation card. What makes such cards special is that while all the other cards contain wishes, yours will also have a more personal touch to them if you word it well.
What you need to remember when penning down your wishes is that you want the person to know how much you’d have loved to be there to see them pass a milestone in their life. Don’t worry, we don’t mean that you have to write them a letter that’s all about why you couldn’t make it, you just need to show them that you wish you were as it’s the thought that counts.
Here’s a few examples of what you can say in such a scenario:
- Even though I can’t be there in person, I didn’t want to miss the chance to tell you just how proud I am of you. Happy Graduation Day!
- Thinking of you as you celebrate this huge milestone in your life! I can’t wait to meet you in person to show you just how proud I am on this day. Congratulations!
- Sending you a whole lot of love and appreciation on this day even though I couldn’t make it. Happy Graduation Day, enjoy every minute of it because you deserve it!
As you can see, these are slightly more personalized than the wishes in the first section. Based on the circumstances and how close you are to the person you can rephrase the wishes to make them better for your card.
3. Hopeful and Encouraging
Graduation Day marks the close of one chapter and the beginning of the next. Instead of simply congratulating them, you can give them a few uplifting words of encouragement to really lift their spirits. This will be all the more perfect during the current situation of the global pandemic, or if the individual is personally going through hard times and can use a few words of love and hope.
You don’t have to go overboard or feel overwhelmed about what you can say in such a card. Just focus on the positives rather than delving into the negatives. Regardless of how hard life may be, he or she has made it to graduation and that’s something worth celebrating regardless of everything else, so keep that in mind and give them a message that’ll instantly make their hearts feel lighter!
Here’s a couple of examples of what this card could say:
- This day is proof of how far you’ve come and marks the start of how far you’re going to go from here. Happy Graduation Day, I can’t wait to see the wonderful surprises life has for you!
- Happy Graduation Day! I’ll always remember this day as the first of many more successful days in your life.
No matter what type of graduation card you decide to send, just remembers that you needn’t spend time apologizing for your absence or talking about what you wish was better or different. Just remember that you’re sending this card for mainly 3 reasons: to support, encourage, and congratulate them.
A graduation card needn’t have any more than three sentences, so don’t feel like you have to write out everything you want to say, you can always save that for when you meet in person. However, if you really want to pen down everything you feel, you can always attach a separate letter inside the card. This way, you won’t have to compress everything to fit within the card and can write to your heart’s content!