In 1887, the soda goliath Coca Cola created coupons as their marketing tool. Some groups assumed using coupons to be frugal. Today, the scenario has changed. Using them to save cash is termed as ‘Cool’. They are available in abundance. Businesses hand out coupons to encourage customers to spend on their brand.
In this digital era, you can find cash-saving deals by entering coupon codes. The process is a little different than the traditional paper coupons, but savings are the same. There are numerous deals available like percentage off, discount on $2,000 purchase, or 1-on1-free.
You can visit coupon code sites like MojoSavings to pick the discount ticket or click on the link that directs you to the retailer’s site.
An example of how coupon has turned into a classic promotional tool for a cheese manufacturer. There are two kinds of customers. Some are serious buyers, who prioritize their taste. They buy their favorite brand version at any cost. On the other hand, some less-loyal customers will incline towards a brand that offers a discount. This is where the cheese manufacturer’s coupon offers to play the role. Dropping the rate, it can acquire a new segment of customers. The appealing low price has influenced other customers beyond the group of brand-loyal consumers.
Coupons tempt consumers to buy different or more products that they would otherwise because they discovered an existing deal. Using more coupons can be risky but if you use them selectively and shrewdly to purchase needed necessities then it is a smart bargain.
Instead of discovering coupons and getting influenced to purchase, take an opposing approach. Look for coupons associated with items you need to buy. Nevertheless, use a coupon to switch buying a similar and more affordable brand.
How will you use the promo code?
- After finding the suitable coupon code, you will need to redeem it to see the alphanumeric characters.
- Copy this code in a notebook.
- Start your shopping and enjoy adding items to your cart.
- Proceed towards the checkout process but look for a box named ‘Coupon/Promo Code’ near the order total.
- Enter the code into the box and submit. The discount will be applied to the total balance due. Some retailers allow multiple codes, so repeat step 4 and move towards check out.
- Confirm whether the code is reflected in the total price or not and if not repeat the checkout process.
- Complete the checkout process as you normally do!
Ensure to look for reliable coupon sites and ensure to check the expiry date before using. It is hard to find active codes because:
- Some coupon codes expire rapidly even in a few hours like flash sales that unexpectedly pop up.
- Promo codes pop up on any channels like social sites, downloadable apps, or email newsletters. It is difficult for you to keep track of different campaigns are associated with different codes.
- A few codes have exceptions and rules like some big brands are not included in the promo offer.
- Some retailers hardly offer coupon codes and you feel frustrated when you stare at the promo code box but cannot find any active coupon.
How to smartly find Coupon codes?
Products can be purchased at their full price but bargaining is human nature. There are several ways you can discover promo codes. You can also visit Wadav.com, which provides day-to-day verified saving discounts and vouchers to their visitors.
Look for the retailer’s coupon page
People use the search tool to look for coupons and give up if they don’t find a code on the first couple of result pages. There is a possibility that the retailer’s coupon page may not be displayed in the SERPs. Sometimes they are posted only on their landing page and so you may not find them on coupon-dedicated sites.
The solution here is to directly visit the retailer’s coupon page on their website. You will find a deals or coupons page in their header menu or the footer. Some retailers don’t have coupon or deal pages, so what to do!
Sign up for the newsletter
People feel irritated and frustrated with pop-ups, so they cancel [X] it while navigating a page. While shopping such pop-ups are friendly. Look for pop-ups offering a discount to those who subscribe to their newsletter. Remember, you can unsubscribe anytime!
Abandon your shopping cart
Sounds sneaky but some stores offer discount codes to win the customers back.
Try live chat-box
Live chat box feature is offered on many websites. Generally, these are used for resolving customer service-related issues. Nevertheless, you can ask about upcoming or current promotions they can be offering. You may surprisingly learn about their upcoming deals available via email newsletter.
Stay socially active
Search through social feeds of your favored brand or retailers, so you don’t miss opportunities.
Approach deal websites
Businesses post single-use coupon codes on deal sites graciously for public use.
Acquire referral code
Referral codes are offered to share with family and friends. The new subscriber acquires a major rebate and the referrer also enjoy a bonus on the purchase.
Tips to smartly use coupon codes
- Using coupons is a psychological thing for some. In reality, there are some monthly financial aspects you cannot control like rent, utilities, and kids’ education but you can control spending on personal care items, groceries, as well as travel & entertainment.
- Manufacturers send free stuff to those who give positive and optimistic reviews via email about their products.
- You can participate in the free loyalty program and collect reward points on your purchase or gain membership on rebate sites to acquire extra savings. Using all reward avenues diligently is challenging but beneficial if shopping is done regularly at the same grocery store.
- People are discouraged by the coupons that offer a small percentage off. Remember, a few dollars here and some there can add up. You will find a significant amount of savings at the end of the month in comparison to a single shopping tour. A small start will soon build up!
Savings from coupon codes are good but ensure to put that cash to good use!