If you’re looking to up your audio game on your Android phone, you may be wondering which external microphone is best. While there are a number of factors to consider, we’ve got you covered with a few of the best options on the market.
Keep reading to learn more about the best external mics for Android phones, as well as a few things to keep in mind when making your decision.
The Different Types of External Microphones
If you’re looking to improve the audio quality of your Android phone’s recordings, using an external microphone is a great way to do it. But with so many different types on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your needs.
The most common type of external microphone is the headset mic, which is designed to be worn on the head like a pair of headphones. Headset mics are great for hands-free use and can be used with a wide range of phones. However, they can be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time and can pick up the unwanted background noise.
Lavalier or lapel microphones for Android phones are another popular option and are often used in video production. They clip onto your clothing and can be hidden from view, making them ideal for vloggers or anyone who wants to avoid having a mic in their hand. Lapel mics tend to have good sound quality but can be more expensive than other options.
Another option is a shotgun mic, which is a type of directional mic that’s often used in filmmaking. Shotgun mics are great at picking up sound from a specific direction, making them ideal for recording audio from a distance. However, they can be large and unwieldy, making them less suitable for use with a phone.
Finally, there are wireless microphones for Android phones, which use Bluetooth to connect to your phone. Wireless mics are great for recording audio in difficult-to-reach places or when you need to be hands-free. However, they can be more expensive than other options and can be prone to interference from other devices.
The Best External Microphones for Android Phones
Here are our picks for the best external microphones for Android phones:
- The Saramonic SR-XM1 is a great all-around microphone that’s compatible with most Android phones. It’s affordable and easy to use, making it a great option for those just starting out with using an external mic.
- For something with a little more quality, the Rode VideoMic Me-L is a great choice. It’s a bit more expensive than the Saramonic, but it offers better sound quality and is still very easy to use.
- If you’re willing to spend a bit more money for even better sound quality, the Zoom H1n Handy Recorder is an excellent option. It records in high-quality audio, making it perfect for those who want professional-sounding results.
- Moman microphone for Android phones is a great external mic that is compatible with most Android phones. It is easy to use and has great sound quality.
- For the ultimate in portability and convenience, the iRig Mic Lav is a great choice. It’s a lavalier microphone that attaches to your shirt and connects to your phone wirelessly, making it perfect for on-the-go recording.
- Finally, if you want top-of-the-line sound quality and don’t mind spending a bit more money, the Shure MV88+ video microphone is an excellent option. It offers studio-quality sound and is very easy to use, making it perfect for those who want the best results possible.
No matter what type of external microphone you choose, be sure to test it out before you make a purchase. This will help ensure that you’re getting the best quality audio possible.
How to Choose the Right Microphone for Your Phone?
Condenser microphone for Android phones is the best option for those who are looking for the highest quality sound. If you are looking for a mic that will be used for more than just making phone calls, then this is the best option for you. This type of microphone is designed to deliver high-quality sound, and it will also allow you to use it for other purposes, such as recording videos or taking pictures. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose the right one?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for an external microphone for your Android phone:
Pick the right type of microphone
There are three main types of microphones: omnidirectional, unidirectional, and lavalier. Omnidirectional ones pick up sound from all directions, making them ideal for recording podcasts or group conversations. Unidirectional mics are great for recording video footage or lectures, as they only pick up sound from one direction. Lavalier ones are small and discreet, making them perfect for vlogging or live streaming.
Consider the connectivity options
Most external microphones connect to your phone via the 3.5mm headphone jack. However, some higher-end models may utilize Bluetooth or USB-C connectivity. If your phone doesn’t have a headphone jack (like the Google Pixel 2), then you’ll need to opt for a Bluetooth or USB-C microphone.
Think about audio quality
When it comes to audio quality, you get what you pay for with external microphones. Cheaper models will usually deliver poorer sound quality than more expensive ones. If you’re looking to record high-quality audio, be prepared to spend a bit more money on a microphone.
Determine your budget
External mics can range in price from around $20 to $200 or more. Decide how much you’re willing to spend on a microphone before you start shopping.
If you’re looking for the best external microphone for your Android phone, we hope this article has helped you make a decision. We’ve looked at different types of microphones and considered their pros and cons to help you choose the best one for your needs. Whether you’re looking for an affordable option, the best sound quality, or a microphone that’s easy to use, we hope you’ve found the perfect option for your needs on our list.