History documents that the first known example of a recorded image to be edited was that of Abraham Lincoln in 1860. Since then, artists have been trying out and improving techniques to make still and motion pictures easier to capture.
Professional photographers also edit their videos to optimize them for specific channels they want to publish them and, in some cases, to clean up the videos before releasing them. If you wish to add some artistic and creative flair to your motion images, though, it is prudent that you first know the fundamentals of photography.
Ideally, the fundamentals like focus, depth of field, aperture, and composition framing are not hard nuts to crack. If you’re serious about producing content that people would want to watch many times and even share, it won’t take you a lot of time to master these concepts.
When it comes to video editing software for producing high-quality images, there are a lot of options you’ll compare. Read on to discover some of the most straightforward video editing software you can use anytime.
Best Paid/Premium Video Editing Software
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Most video editors and artists like Adobe Premiere Pro because it contains powerful creative tools that make it easy to edit your video. It also integrates with multiple devices giving you the convenience and ease of mind you may need when you can’t use one of your devices.
- You’re provided with a lot of organizational and creative tools for editing your clips.
- You get access to unlimited multi-cam angles.
- Very clear and user-friendly interface.
- Responsive speed so you won’t take a lot of time editing and touching up your videos.
- Presents you with a wide variety of content production apps to explore your artistic side to the fullest.
- Top-level stabilization.
- A few techniques will require that you use different apps, for example, SpeedGrade and After Effects.
- It does not support keyword tagging for the media.
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate
Pinnacle Studio is a fairly popular video editing software. It is not only fast but also comes with some of the most reliable tools you will need for editing your clips and adding effects like multi-cam editing, stop motion video, and motion tracking, among others. With the latest version of this video editing tool, you can also group timeline sequences, so it’s easy to reuse them, create animated GIFs, and process many projects at the same time when you activate the batch mode.
- It comes with a straightforward and easy to follow interface.
- It supports both 4K and H.265.
- You get access to powerful masking tools that you can leverage to create effects such as overlay effects depending on your selections, texts, and shapes.
- It allows multi-cam editing.
- You can edit 360º Virtual Reality (VR) content.
- Supports media star rating and tagging.
- It is integrated with powerful audio tools for good sound effects.
This software is known to sometimes crash during testing.
Motion tracking is not really reliable.
Filmora by Wondershare
If you’re working on a tight budget, then Filmora by Wondershare is a good video editing tool you may want to look at. It is jam-packed with a lot of effects and also comes with a pretty decent interface.
Filmora is particularly useful if you’re looking at streamlining your transitions, trimming the contents, adding overlays, and such effects. The primary downside by Filmora is that it doesn’t come with some of the most modern and more powerful features that you may need for things like multi-cam editing, motion tracking, and others.
- It is considerably inexpensive when compared to the first two premium options.
- Comes with a lot of overlays and effects.
- User-friendly, nice interface.
- Quite reliable when it comes to creating titles.
- This software doesn’t support motion tracking.
- You can only edit single clips at a time with the software’s Cutter and Action Cam modes.
- No chapter authoring and DVD menu support.
- Best Free Video Editing Software
Hitfilm Express is a good match for both professional and amateur video editors. It comes with some powerful editing features that you’ll find really valuable like trimming, adjusting color balance, and exporting the edited clips to varied file formats.
It doesn’t end there, though. You can also use this software to custom create video masks and set green screen chroma keys, among others.
- Professional high-quality tools/add-ons.
- Appealing and straightforward user interface.
- It comes with tons of online tutorials that may be necessary.
- Supports some powerful features that are majorly available in other premium software like Adobe Premiere Pro.
- You can extend its capabilities though this will come at a fee.
- This tool has high system requirements, so you will require a computer with a powerful processor to use it.
- It has a fairly complex installation process.
Movie Maker Online
Just like Hitfilm Express, Movie Maker Online video editing software is also free to use. It is a browser-based video editing software, meaning that all the editing is done online.
This tool presents you with a vertical project outline that you will use for adding your transition effects, filters, and crop the clips, among others. Most movie editors prefer this software because you can use it on the go, and computer specs usually don’t influence its usage.
Perhaps the most standout bonus with this software is that it also allows you free access to a library of royalty-free images that you can insert easily into the project timeline you’re working on.
- You can use this tool on any computer.
- You get access to a massive library of royalty-free images to add more color and creativity to your clips.
- Some users find the layout confusing.
- It has quite a lot of intrusive ads.
Wrapping it Up
Most amateurs and experts alike will find these video editors easy to use. It is still normal if you struggle to use some of them though.
If the software is confusing, try the other options. You may also want to invest in the premium versions, and if that’s the case, ensure the software you invest in has the features you’re looking for.
If you still find it hard to edit your clips, book a free consultation with professionals who can help. Classic Memories is home to a passionate crew and editors who’d be thrilled to see your project kick-off smoothly.