Weekends! The days we all forward to every week. It is a fun and relaxing day, and we all want to enjoy our free time and eat delicious food. Weekend dinners are extra special because it gives everyone a chance to sit together and eat and share amazing stories. Therefore, the dinner needs to be special too.
We all want finger-licking food, but cooking on the weekend, especially when everyone demands something different or new or tasty is a bit challenging. However, you can enjoy your weekend and cook delicious and special dinner at the same time. All you need to do is follow these simple but decadent recipes, and your weekend dinner will be fun and memorable. Let’s check out these recipes now!
Recipe 1: Oyster sauce chicken
Chinese food is beneficial as it has more vegetables and fewer carbohydrates. If you make it at home, Chinese food can be delicious and nutritious.
Here is one recipe which is quite simple and can be quick and delicious for you to try out. Chicken is one the easiest meat to cook, tasty, and is fit for people who are dieting or want to lose weight. It is an easy Chinese dinner dish as it is stir-fry and indulgent.
To make this recipe you need:
- Chicken thigh
- Chicken broth
- Spices and herbs
- Bell peppers
- Oyster sauce
To make this:
- Stir fry the thighs either in half or in cubes in the broth.
- Add spices and herbs and then add oysters’ sauce to get a rich and creamy taste.
- If you like this recipe, then here are other Chinese recipes that you can learn.
Recipe 2: Creamy lemon chicken pasta
Who doesn’t love pasta for dinner? It is simple, quick, tasty, and if you add lots of vegetables, proteins, and use wheat or gluten-free pasta, it is healthy as well. Here is one of my favorite pasta recipes. It has a rich creamy taste and is high in protein as it has tons of chicken as well.
- To make this, boil water, and once it starts to shimmer, add the pasta in it. Let it boil and cook till it is a bit soft.
- In a skillet, add butter with the oil of your choice. Once it is hot, sauté some onions and garlic. Once they are golden in color, add chicken breast and season it with pepper and salt.
- After this, add chicken broth with cream. Simmer it and then add lemon juice and zest in it.
- Now, add the pasta in it and grated parmesan cheese. Garnish it with some basil or herbs of your choice.
Recipe 3: vegetable spaghetti with garlic bread
Spaghetti is an easy dish, but it looks elegant and can make you dinner special for the weekend. Just find a box of wheat spaghetti and boil it in hot water.
- Cut vegetables of your choice. You can add bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, and onions, and more.
- Saute onions for a minute or two in a combination of butter and olive oil. Add the vegetables with garlic and saute them till they are soft.
- Add home-made arrabbiata sauce or white sauce or a mixture of both. Once all this mixes well, you can add spaghetti to it and garnish it with some herbs.
- To make this dinner extra special, make some garlic bread or knots at home too. You can even buy them and enjoy the weekend. Make sure to top it with wine and relax.
Recipe 4: Shepherd’s pie
Shepherd’s pie is one indulgent recipe, yet it is quite simple to make as well. It is baked potatoes filled with meat or vegetables of your choice. It is super delicious, and you can bake some vegetables with it and enjoy it with friends and family.
- To make this, you need to boil some potatoes and mash them. Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper, and make mashed potatoes.
- Now, saute vegetables or meat of your choice and add herbs and spices to make a gravy out of it.
- Add it to the baking tray, add the potatoes over it and add a generous amount of cheese to it. Bake it for a while and enjoy this delicious dinner at the weekend.
Recipe 5: Adult Alphabet soup
This soup is hearty, comforting, full of rich smoky flavor, and is charming enough to be part of your weekend dinner plans with your loved ones. It is one of those recipes which you make in big batches and freeze for a laid-back week ahead. One dish that you can reheat and enjoy any day when you do not feel like cooking.
To make this:
- First, heat oil in a large saucepan. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, and chorizo. Let it saute for 15 minutes, and then add white wine, salt, and paprika to it. Let the wine reduce to at least 90%.
- Then, add the tomato paste and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Now add chicken broth, boiled pasta, and tomato puree and let it simmer for an hour. Serve it hot using herbs as garnish.
Recipe 6:Sweet potato pie with marshmallow meringue
Sweet potato pie is one of the best pies ever. It is a delicious thanksgiving recipe, which you can also try this weekend to wow your guests. It has a unique marshmallow meringue over it which makes it even more delicious. Making the crust is a bit of a challenge. But after that, the process of making the pie is pretty straight forward.
- If you want, you can buy a crust from a bakery. Or you can prepare one yourself.
- Now, whisk cream and egg yolk together. And then brush this mixture on the sides and bottom of the crust.
- Now, mix butter, sugar, lemon zest. Once it is light and soft, add the sweet potato and add three eggs, lemon juice, and nutmeg together.
- Pour it over the crust and bake it for 55 minutes at 350 degrees. And then cool it for an hour. Now, prepare the meringue and bake it for seven minutes at 400 degrees. Check this out for the detailed recipe.