LED Grow Light is a must-have for gardeners who grow plants inside the house. You may find lots of helpful information on indoor plants growing, including LED lights recommendations, on 420growradar.com. To order the most suitable LED grow lights for your house, you have to know all your options.
Right Type of Light
Many first-time gardeners are simply unaware of all the possibilities that the market offers nowadays. There are different types of lights that are suitable for specific plants. For example, if you grow cannabis from the seed to the fully grown plant, you require the LED light of the full cycle. However, sometimes, you may need it for blooming and vegetative stages only.
There are two models you may be interested in while growing cannabis, especially if your plant is in the flowering stage:
- Single-channel light. It contains an on and off option. The model is rather simple. However, it costs less and can be easily arranged to the light you want to receive;
- Two-channel light. It has bloom and vegetative modes. There are several programming options. Usually, you may find these features in Advanced LED high-end models.
You can program both models, changing the light spectrum. They both can be set automatically. You may download a specific app to turn lights on and off without having to be there and doing this procedure manually. Choose the light spectrum according to your plants’ needs.
Pay attention to the shape of the LED light. The most popular models are:
Size of the Grow Area
Some people believe that big wattage equals coverage of big spaces. It is not necessarily true. If you want to receive the most accurate measures, you have to find the Daily Light Integral or DLI or Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density or PPFD. It is better to find both numbers so you can find out the ratio of the proper light for your garden. Yet, not everyone wants to bother with the numbers. The simplest way is to check out the wattage and find out how many lights you need for the particular area of your garden.
No matter whether you want to grow cannabis, veggies, or various flowers, all these plants require light. The flowering stage can’t happen without the light. The standard growth light uses over 32 watts per 1 sq ft territory. However, it may be not enough. For the most beneficial results, you may require light of more than 50 watts per 1 sq ft, but not more than 80 watts.
Here is a helpful table to calculate the watts per garden’s area:
- 32 watts – 1 by 1;
- 128 watts – 2 by 2;
- 288 watts – 3 by 3;
- 512 watts – 4 by 4;
- 1152 watts – 6 by 6.
Features of Top LED Grow Lights
Not all the LED lights offered by the market are the same. Not all of them are suitable for your plants. To make sure that you choose the best one, pay attention to the next features:
- The semiconducting chip must be of the 1st class. This is the first thing you have to pay attention to when you choose the lights. This chip turns the electricity into the light you need, affecting wavelength. Look for the light that contains 3-watt chips, at least.
- Developer. Make sure to buy lights from trustable American manufacturers. The most popular names are LEDengin, Osram, CREE. Besides, you can check out BIN codes along with the power and the color of the lights.
- The low output of heat. This is a perfect option for the inner garden. You don’t need so much cooling for your plants. The environment around the LED light is not hot. Besides, you save your money by using cooler lights since high heat models burn out quicker.
- Simple in use. The lights must be easy to install. You may need an adjustable height, the intensity of the light, and the color. The simplest way is to connect the light to the app that controls all these features in a few taps.
- Warranty. Some developers, especially those with reputable names, provide 10 years warranty for their LED lights. They are durable and work flawlessly. Usually, high quality LED lights do not cause any problems and are never returned back to developers. Some models may have separate warranties for particular parts. Check out whether the manufacturer offers the free return service.
Selection of the Lights
Follow the next steps to make sure your garden receives the proper illumination. If you have more tips, you may share them in the comments below. Steps you have to perform:
- Check out the width and length of your garden. The lights must cover all areas.
- Calculate the number of lights you need;
- A semiconducting chip is a must in the light. Check out for at least 3 of them;
- Decide whether you need the higher or low intensity of the LED light;
- Check out whether your garden has vegetative, flowering, or full-cycle requirements. If you need to grow the plant from the seed, like in full cycle, you have to provide it with different illumination mode;
- Pick the most suitable light for you, and make sure you can install it on the intended place;
- Pay attention to the basic features and decide whether you can use them for your garden;
- If there is a remote control option, download the app on your mobile phone.
The Lights You Need
Based on the characteristics of LED lights, you may choose the most beneficial product for your garden. Light is vital for the indoor garden. If you decide to create one at home, you need to find the proper illumination. Check all the options using these simple tips. There are numerous products and well-known brands that may suit you just fine. To be able to use everything these brands offer, you have to learn your options. Gardening can easily become your hobby with the achievements of modern technologies. All you need to do is bring the light to your house.