The NBA is midway through and things are falling in place. Although it’s too early to pick any winner, looking at the run, we can make a bet on some.
As for the NBA, the Golden State Warriors have the best record, while the Brooklyn Nets may have the highest expectations. It’s also likely that the defending champion Milwaukee Bucks will win the championship if the odds hold.
Golden State Warriors
With Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry set to reunite, the Warriors’ top-ranked defense has outperformed the offense. While Draymond Green has anchored the defense, the offense has struggled. Check the Warriors schedule and purchase some tickets to a Warrior game and fuel your motivation by seeing the finest players in the league in action.
With a chance of finishing on top, the team’s key players have displayed the same level of commitment as the squad that won the championship in 2015. Having not played together for more than two years, it’s unclear if Thompson, Jordan Poole, and Andrew Wiggins can advance beyond the play-in round after last year – when they failed to advance past the early stage.
The situation in Brooklyn camp is even more uncertain. Kyrie Irving is returning to the Nets unvaccinated. Since Harden has become a frequent MVP candidate, he has never been so consistently inconsistent, so Irving and Harden together should be an intriguing experiment.
Though they lack depth, Kevin Durant has been so good that they are the second-best team in the Eastern Conference. The Nets will be unstoppable if Irving gets vaccinated and returns to the team full-time as a consequence of his return to basketball, and Harden begins playing closer to his peak. At this point, we don’t trust either.
Trust Milwaukee with your bets. The Bucks have defeated opponents by a good margin this season when Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jrue Holiday, and Khris Middleton appear together. They are functioning as a top team at both ends of the court, and they have won a whopping 84% of their games. A limited rotation has been used due to COVID-19 protocols, but the Bucks have shown remarkable durability with their top three players.
Who is the long shot for the NBA Championship 2023?
Three teams are in the running for the NBA title: the Nets, the Warriors, and the Bucks. Only the Phoenix Suns, who reached last year’s Western Conference Finals with an overburdened roster, have a lesser chance of winning the championship.
With odds of 12-1, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, and Utah Jazz are in a three-way tie. Whereas Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets, and Philadelphia 76ers have worse odds of becoming the NBA champions.
The odds are even worse for the Nuggets, Clippers, and Sixersif Jamal Murray, Kawhi Leonard, and Ben Simmons are not eligible to return.
Odds of Winning the Eastern Conference In 2023
According to FanDuel, the Bucks are behind the Nets for making it out of the Eastern Conference to reach the NBA Finals. With an average margin of 17.5 points, the Bucks lead the Nets 2-0 this season.
- Brooklyn Nets have odds of +180
- Milwaukee Bucks have odds of +300
- Miami Heat have odds of +550
- Philadelphia 76ers have odds of +550
Odds of Winning the Western Conference in 2023
To advance out of the Western Conference this season, the Warriors have slightly better odds than the Suns. Despite a noticeable drop in ranking, the Warriors and Suns remain atop the list. With one meeting remaining, the Warriors are 2-1 against the Suns this season.
- Golden State Warriors have odds of +210
- Phoenix Suns have odds of+220
- Utah Jazz have odds of +550
- Los Angeles Lakers have odds of +800
Last 10 NBA winners
- The Milwaukee Bucks won against the Phoenix Suns last season with a score of 4-2. Giannis Antetokounmpo was awarded finals MVP and Nikola Jokic season’s MVP.
- In the 2019-20 season, Los Angeles Lakers defeated Miami Heat with a score of 4-2. LeBron James won the finals MVP while Giannis Antetokounmpo was awarded season’s MVP.
- In the 2018-19 season, Toronto Raptors came on top of the Golden State Warriors in a score of 4-2. Kawhi Leonard won the finals’ MVP and Giannis Antetokounmpo won season’s.
- The Golden State Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 4-0 in the 2017-18 season. Kevin Durant won the finals MVP and James Harden received the season’s MVP.
- In 2016-17, again it was the Golden State Warriors who beat the Cleveland Cavaliers. Andre Iguodala won the finals MVP and Stephen Curry season’s MVP.
- In 2015-16, Cleveland Cavaliers defeated Golden State Warriors with a score of 4-3. LeBron James won the finals MVP while Stephen Curry received the season’s MVP.
- In 2014-15, the Golden State Warriors got better off Cleveland Cavaliers. Andre Iguodala won Finals MVP and Stephen Curry season’s MVP.
- The Saint Antonio Spurs beat the Miami Heat in the 2013-14 season. Kawhi Leonard won finals MVP and Kevin Durant season’s MVP.
- In 2012-13, Miami Heat defeated San Antonio Spurs in a score of 4-3. LeBron James won the finals and the season’s MVP.
- In the 2011-12 season, the Miami Heat beat Oklahoma City Thunder. LeBron James was awarded finals and season’s MVP.
Most Title Wins
Only nine teams in the past 74 seasons have won the NBA Championship. The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers alone have 34 titles between them. Each team has won 17 titles.
Boston Celtics’ legacy is considered to be the greatest of all time as they won eight titles consecutively from 1959 to 1966. In contrast, the Lakers won four or more championships in a single decade three times, including their most recent title in 2020.
Followed by Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls with 6 NBA titles each. The Warriors won 6 championships in 11 appearances. They appeared in 5 consecutive finals and won 2 titles straight in 2017 and 2018. While the Bulls won 3 consecutive titles two times.
The Spurs won the title 5 times with 76ers, Pistons, and Heat 3 times each. While Rockets, Knicks, and Bucks each team has an NBA title twice.
Among all, there are 11 teams that have never won an NBA Championship. Besides, the Suns have suffered more losses in the finals than any other team.