Are you deciding whether investing in window blinds is a good idea for your home? This type of window treatment is a popular choice for many Australian homeowners for several reasons. Coming in various designs, styles, colours and patterns, window blinds can be manually or automatically operated.
The different features of interior or outdoor blinds Dandenong window covering suppliers offer their customers go a long way to beautifying your home while adding value to your residential property. Keep reading to ensure your window blinds are a worthwhile investment for your home.
5 Features of Interior and Exterior Window Blinds
1. Many Types of Window Blinds
Interior and exterior blinds come in different designs and they can be used as window coverings for any room in the house or your outdoor entertainment space. Here are some examples of blinds for interior or exterior purposes:
- Pleated blinds ─ A modern and elegant design that instantly uplifts any interior room, these blinds are designed with fabric panels that fold up in pleats when raised.
- Roller blinds ─ A simple no-fuss design that uses a single layer of fabric that rolls around a roller when drawn up. Roller blinds can be used for any room in the house and are a great window treatment option for minimalist-style residences.
- Roman blinds ─ A timeless style that suits both traditional and contemporary architecture, these blinds are made with fabric that folds up concertina-style when opened.
- Venetian blinds ─ Made with aluminum, plastic, or wood horizontal slats, this type of interior blind is simple but sophisticated and works well for any room in the home.
- Ziptrak PVC ─ These outdoor blinds are made with durable PVC that can be tinted, black, or clear. They make a wonderful addition to your outside entertainment spot, keeping you and your guests comfortable no matter the weather.
2. Window Blinds Styles
The outward appearance of your window blinds can be chosen to suit the style you want for your home. Many curtain suppliers are happy to customize your window treatment so you get the exact style you want according to your personal preferences and home decor.
Window blind styles vary depending on the following features:
- Fabric ─ The best fabric depends on the purpose of the window covering. You can pick thicker material to block out exterior lighting or thinner fabric for a light and airy appearance.
- Texture ─ The texture of the fabric alters the look of your window blinds and you can choose between rough, smooth, crisp, soft, or stiff surfaces. Consider this when matching window blinds with your existing home décor.
- Colors and patterns ─ Blinds are available in a wide range of hues and patterns, allowing you to be creative with the aesthetics of your window covering.
Made with marine-grade PVC, Ziptrak exterior blinds also include 90% UV inhibitor to prevent sun fade and breakdown of the material.
3. Manual or Automatic Operations
Using state-of-the-art systems to open and close them, quality window blinds can be manually or automatically operated effortlessly. The manual design is more affordable and makes use of cords, chains, or pulley systems to operate them. Venetian blinds come with a wand to tilt the slats depending on how much light you want.
Operated with a remote control, using motorized window blinds means you don’t need to fiddle with chains, cords, or wands. This type of operation is convenient and easy to use, especially for larger blinds such as your outside Ziptrak designs. Automatic window blinds are perfect if you have kids as they won’t get tangled up in cords or chains!
4. Cleaning and Maintenance
Premium-quality window blinds are easy to clean and maintain as long as you do it routinely:
- Wash Ziptrak PVC blinds with warm soapy water and leave them to dry before rolling them up.
- Wipe down Venetian blinds with a damp cloth every couple of weeks to prevent the dirt from gathering on them.
- You can vacuum pleated, roller or Roman blinds or give them a wipe with a damp cloth. Avoid using harsh cleaning chemicals and leave them down to dry before closing them. There’s no need to remove them or put blinds in the washing machine when you use either of these cleaning methods regularly.
5. Quality Customer Service Features
To turn your window blinds into an asset that improves the resale value of your home, you want to work with a curtain supplier that values customer service. Look out for the following features before deciding which supplier to use for all your blinds needs:
- Guarantee ─ Make sure you get a guarantee on materials as well as workmanship and installation.
- Installation ─ Professionally installed blinds prevent them from being damaged and ensure they look right when hung.
- Customization ─ This service ensures your blinds are exactly the way you want them to be.
Tailored window blinds are a worthwhile investment for any home. Features such as durability, customization, and warranties add value and you can enjoy them for years to come knowing that you haven’t wasted hard-earned money. It’s the upgrade your home is waiting for.