The 411 on College and Life Around Campus
The Ultimate Beach Playlist: 95 Tracks For the Summer
Eric Frisch Balances New & Nostalgic Sounds With...
A Fresh Breath of Music: Turnover (Artist Spotlight)
Will Claye Returns with Two-Track Playlist, 'Karmony': Watch
After the Passing of XXXTentacion, the Internet...
Wit Blu Scores a Hit With New Song, "Burgundy": Listen
Mehcad Brooks Boards Debuts New Hit, "Train": Listen
Sam Hunt: The Story of Montevallo
Premiere: Love At First Sound's New Song is...
The Dehumanization of our Icons
Sauce Walka Goes at Future with "Mask On": Listen
Indiana's Kevin Krauter Releases New Album, 'Toss Up': Listen
Album Review: Jorja Smith's Debut Album 'Lost & Found'
Review: NOS Primavera Sound Proved Tyler, The Creator...
NASIR: The Truth in a Review
Rebelution Releases New Album, 'Free Reign': Listen
Alessia Cara is Back with New Single, "Growing Pains": Listen
Is Tidal Ever Going to Compete with the Major Streaming Services?
Surprise! The Carters (Jay-Z & Beyonce) Drop...
Seouless & Brodee Get the "Money Right" in New Music Video: Watch
Adam Levine Takes on Women Empowerment in "Girls Like...
Shawn Mendes Releases Music Video for "Nervous": Watch
E5QUIRE & SIIGHTS "Always" Make the Best Song For the...
5 Fresh New Sounds to Kick Off Summer 2018
15-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Angelo David Releases...
Thoreau Enters the Hip-Hop Scene on New Single, "In For": Listen
Rich the Kid Hospitalized After Home Invasion in LA
"Ocean's 8" Makes for a Satisfying, if Not Entirely...
A Reflection on Anthony Bourdain's Legacy
Movie Review: "Deadpool 2" is a Garrulous, Charismatic Sequel
If there’s one universal experience that every college student shares, it’s falling asleep in class. Sometimes no matter how hard we try to stay awake, how much coffee we drink, or how much gum we chew, there’s just no avoiding it. There’s something about the combination of sleep deprivation, a boring lecture, and a warm winter coat that makes dozing off more irresistible than a box of kittens with puppy faces and baby hands and feet. We all have our own unique ways of trying to beat this problem, but if you’ve tried everything and need a few more suggestions, here is my list of five drastic yet doable strategies to stay awake in class (All of these have been tested by yours truly).
1. Get a giant cup of hot coffee, spill some on yourself, drink all the coffee, don’t allow yourself to pee. This method works because you’ll be in pain in a few different ways.
2. Send a weird picture to your crush, then don’t check your phone till after class. The stress and adrenaline will probably keep you awake for the entire class if the picture is weird enough.
Work Towards Your Best Self: These IG Accounts Will Help You Get Into Shape
3. Try to catch the eye of someone across the room, when you finally do, mouth some unintelligible words and try to get them to understand—this could go on for a while as long as you’re committed—It’s also good because this will keep them awake too.
4. Plan the next five years of your future, paying attention to details like which friends will probably abandon you and how you’ll phase out your teenager wardrobe with no income. If you want, you can make a big chart using colorful pens.
5. Make a game out of it: Check what time it is on your phone, and go by the last digit on the clock