COIN is a band that has quickly been grabbing the attention of music lovers all over. Check out these reasons why you should add COIN onto your playlist.
Last year in May, COIN dropped a single called “Talk Too Much,” a year after their self-titled album was released back in 2015. The single did so well that it charted on Alt-Nation’s Top 18 countdown for 27 consecutive weeks. During four of those weeks, COIN’s single debuted at number one. With their rising popularity and “Talk Too Much” being blasted all throughout the summer of 2016, COIN started to make an impact in the music industry. It has been over a year now since the band put out their second hit single and lately, COIN started to release new music out into the world with two new singles.
COIN might not want to dance, but you certainly will after listening to their newest single.
In mid-February, the band had released their newest single, “I Don’t Wanna Dance”. Since its release, “I Don’t Wanna Dance,” has again placed COIN in the Top 18 countdown on Alt Nation, and it has been climbing the requested chart for over four weeks now. COIN’s newest single is currently listed at number ten, and it’s not going to be surprising when that number continues to ascend its way up the charts. Along with their newest single, they also have their sophomore album releasing sometime this spring. Starting in April, the band will start to tour all across North America performing their new album.
With all this said, here’s why you should be listening to them and why they have been on my playlist for the past few months.
1. With uplifting beats and catchy lyrics that replay in your mind, COIN has a way of putting anyone into a good mood.
2. If bands like Bad Suns, Joywave, CRUISR, and the Mowgli’s tickle your fancy, then you’re going to love COIN and their vibe.
3. In a world where synth sounds are starting to heavily influence almost every song on the radio, COIN plays all of their own instruments, which is very refreshing in today’s day and age. They definitely still include synthetic sounds into their songs but it’s still nice to see artists mix real instrumental sounds into their music.
4. They interact with their fans on the daily. COIN is a band that is rapidly gaining popularity, but they still take the time to remain humble and associate themselves with their fans.
5. You won’t be disappointed when you listen to their songs. There is a song for almost every moment, or feeling, that can perfectly attach itself to whatever emotion is being felt. They are undeniably a great band to play in your car with your windows down, and the wind blowing through your hair. (Talk about a nice drive.)
To keep up with all the latest information about COIN, you can follow their twitter for more announcements about their upcoming album release. You can also check out their website to find a tour date in a city near you.