The 411 on College and Life Around Campus
Top 10 Movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
J. Cole Drops New Anti-Drug Album 'KOD' on 4/20: Listen
Lord Huron's New Album 'Vide Noir' Will Take You on a...
A Look Back on 'Ready Player One' the Novel
'Westworld Season 2' is Back and I'm SO Ready For It
"Here, There, Everywhere:" The Perfect Playlist For an...
Slum Village Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 'The...
Whitney Peyton Pays Homage to Broken Hearts with "Let...
Artist Spotlight: Icey (Listen)
J. Cole Returns With New Album 'KOD' & New Music Video, "ATM"
Sonia Shares Beautiful New Song "Ocean": Listen
Bane’s World: The Artist You’ve Been Waiting to Chill to
TK Kravitz and Jacquees Share the Summer Vibes in "Ocean" Video
The 3 Best Ways to Take Care of Your Skin
Movie Review: 'Happy Death Day' is the Slasher Version...
Exclusive Interview with South African Pop Producer Jason Strong
RTS Triplets & Gucci Mane Want to Know "Where Ya...
Brooke Forman Unveils Vulnerability on "Uncharted" Video: Watch
What Makes Chance The Rapper Different?
Fans Rejoice! This 'One Tree Hill' House is For Sale
Dispatches from the Internship Hunt
Artist Spotlight: ODIE is the Artist You Didn't Know You Needed
Top 5 Asian Restaurants at Downtown State College
Rico Love Presents "Do Good" Video: Watch
Artist Spotlight: Discover This Amazing "Music Band"...
Nashville's Drive!Drive! Hits the Scene with Debut...
Interview: Styles&Complete Discuss Their New EP 'Do...
6 Simple Ways to Get Involved in Earth Day 2018
'Eden' Plays Sold Out Show in New York City (Review)
Photo Recap: Quinn XCII's "Story of Us Pt. 2" Tour
If there’s one universal experience that every college student shares, it’s falling asleep in class. Sometimes no matter how hard we try to stay awake, how much coffee we drink, or how much gum we chew, there’s just no avoiding it. There’s something about the combination of sleep deprivation, a boring lecture, and a warm winter coat that makes dozing off more irresistible than a box of kittens with puppy faces and baby hands and feet. We all have our own unique ways of trying to beat this problem, but if you’ve tried everything and need a few more suggestions, here is my list of five drastic yet doable strategies to stay awake in class (All of these have been tested by yours truly).
1. Get a giant cup of hot coffee, spill some on yourself, drink all the coffee, don’t allow yourself to pee. This method works because you’ll be in pain in a few different ways.
2. Send a weird picture to your crush, then don’t check your phone till after class. The stress and adrenaline will probably keep you awake for the entire class if the picture is weird enough.
3. Try to catch the eye of someone across the room, when you finally do, mouth some unintelligible words and try to get them to understand—this could go on for a while as long as you’re committed—It’s also good because this will keep them awake too.
4. Plan the next five years of your future, paying attention to details like which friends will probably abandon you and how you’ll phase out your teenager wardrobe with no income. If you want, you can make a big chart using colorful pens.
5. Make a game out of it: Check what time it is on your phone, and go by the last digit on the clock