Have a way with words? Contribute today and have your voice heard.
Becoming a contributor for Verge Campus is the perfect way to improve up your resume and get a meaningful experience writing for a national online publication. By joining our team as a national contributor, you’ll get access to our rich network of hundreds of students across the country, all motivated and ambitious as much as you are. Plus, you get the valuable Verge Campus stamp of approval.
Note: Only apply to be a national contributor if there isn’t an active Verge Campus Chapter at your school. Check out our list of active schools here.
What do we look for?
Verge Campus’ contributor writers are carefully selected based on a combination of talent, experience, and passion. We leave no stone unturned, and every topic, be it controversial or not, is explored through a variety of lenses and perspectives.
So, how does the contributor program work?
How many stories are due per month? Contributors are expected to write and publish 3-4 stories a month. Of course, more is always welcome and encouraged.
Is it okay that I’ve never written for a publication before? Absolutely! There is always a first time for everything.
What would I write above? Anything you feel passionately about on campus, career, food, lifestyle, music, news, pop culture, sports, style, travel and viral, trending topics.
Do I need my story ideas approved? Yep, before writing a story, you’ll email Brett to get your story idea approved. The more original the idea, the better. If you want to submit a one-off story, you can also do that.
I’ve written a great story. Where do I send it? All our articles are uploaded onto WordPress before publishing. All contributors are given WordPress accounts, so you can log in and upload stories and photos on your own. Then we’ll take a look, make edits, publish and we’ll give you a very enthusiastic virtual high five.
Is there anything else I should know? Each contributor is responsible for promoting their stories to their friends, family, classmates, and the entire Internet! Come up with creative ways each week to get your story out there so the whole world can appreciate it. We reward writers whose stores get the most engagement. You also will get to be a part of the network of National Contributors and have access to our top content form to write articles that will look great on your resume.
Awesome! So, how do I apply?
It’s easy to apply! Submit the following to us by using the form below.
1. Your resume. Send over to us a copy of your most up-to-date resume. A cover letter isn’t necessary.
2. A little bit about yourself. Tell us a little bit about yourself, such as what your interests are, any hobbies you might have or anything you feel isn’t on your resume.
3. Familiarize yourself. Explore our site a bit to get a sense of our voice.
4. Put pen to paper. Write a story about a topic that you feel passionate about and that you would be proud of publishing on Verge Campus.
5. It’s all about the headlines. Write ten (10) different headlines for the mock story you write. Send us the list and be sure to call our your favorite ones.
6. Get creative. Three (3) unique story ideas with explanations/outlines for each one.
7. Any referrals? A brief note about how you heard about Verge Campus and why you want to join.
8. Last but not least. Submit and send us your application below!
If you want to start a Verge Campus Chapter on campus and recruit your own team of writers, find out how, here.