What is Verge Campus? Your home on campus.
Verge Campus is a pop culture, music and lifestyle publication for Generation-Y powered by chapters at colleges and universities around the United States. We provide students the training, support and resources they need to run their own lifestyle publications on their college campuses. Nobody knows your school better than you do, so ultimately you are the voice behind your Verge Campus chapter. You create the content and bring Verge Campus to life – we just give you the support and platform to make it happen.
What does a chapter look like?
Students meet once a week to collaborate, brainstorm, create marketing strategies, write brilliant, creative, and inquisitive content, and develop a tight-knit community on campus. Students manage their own teams and write articles for their own local website to create the ultimate guide to their college campus and for their generation. They also bring the campus and local community together by planning monthly community events. Prepare yourself for major recognition on campus and a dope community of passionate, motivated people to help you out.
Why is this awesome? Countless reasons, really.
- Your work can be seen by hundreds of thousands of people around the world. From our collective Facebook presence to our amazing partners, your content will receive major credibility professionally and with your friends, family and acquaintances.
- Access to online training that actually works and prepares your for the future. We provide you with the resources, materials and professional assistance to make you and your work better than before.
- You become a member of a thriving network and community. Work alongside people and join a network of students, with alumni working at places like Live Nation, Hearst, Business & Finance Magazine, The White House and more.
It’s easy to get started.
- Are we at your school? Double check to be sure we’re not already at your school. If we are, let us know.
- Prove demand. You will pick one week to get enough students to sign an online petition (every school in our network has successfully done this so far).
- Collect applications. You need to recruit strong leaders (Editorial Director, Community Manager, and Social Media Manager) and start building a team. You can but are not required to apply for leadership.
- Complete training and launch. Once leadership and teams are selected, they will go through an interactive training, set their first chapter meeting and start creating content to take their website and chapter live!
Are you up for the challenge? Want to start or join a Verge Campus Chapter on your campus? Fill out the online application below!